Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Card Storage Calendar

Hey there! Wanted to share a birthday calendar I made for my sister. Each page is a pocket that stores handmade cards for the holidays or birthdays in that month.  I used Tim Holtz trimmings elastic with the ends stitched to make the ruffled band to hold the binder closed.  I didn't write who's birthday was when because my sister's handwriting is so much prettier than mine! All stamps are Papertrey Ink, as is the binder and pages. The front is covered with Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology paper inked with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress ink. The interior is stamped using CTMH Lagoon ink. Let me know what you think!











So I used my new light tent to take these photos. What an evil little contraption that thing is! The velcro for the front and the backdrop doesn't line up, it annoyed my tremendously. Anyway, I think I need more light, this was just with my Ott-lite and a halogen desk lamp. I will have to try again with better lighting and more time to fiddle with the tent.

1 comment: