Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Paper Flowers!




Warning! Poor quality photos to follow! Taking pictures at night with my iphone yields less than quality results.

I wanted to give making paper flowers using punches a try. I have seen this book referenced several times on the internet, and though I did not buy it, it peaked my interest. I purchased this punch by Punch Bunch and this one by Martha Stewart. The two flowers below are my only attempts so far, and though the process caused some hand cramps, I am pleased with the results. I am thinking of buying the McGill paper blossoms leaf punches to go with my flowers. I think they may be a little easier on the hands.



undefined


I inked the edges of the red rose with fired brick distress ink, it was a bit thinner paper with a different texture than normal cardstock, Wausau paper I think. It seemed a little easier to use, and turned out a little better. The orange flower is just standard white core cardstock inked with Adirondack Terra Cotta Dye Ink on the edges. It is supposed to be a peony, I'll have to try again with a thinner cardstock maybe. I inked each individual petal before assembling them, I want to try inking after assembly and darker cardstock inked with a lighter shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment